V0.20 feedback.

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2011 at 9:58 AM

hi guys !  first excelet work so for , most things work well ... and fast ... good work ..

i test with 10 movies , one time find info for all (1 movie out of 10 not mach ) and one time find info  one by one , i keep my movies  "Movie (2010)"  so all match was rally fast .... 

some feedback :

1- bug - data not save if try to get info from imdb advanced title search... i meanss all work fine to see the evalble list of movie +cover (in the small windows that pop up...(wich is great option :) )  the only thing when hit o.k after select the title ..noting save  .

2-  i did not find any option to save  mymovies.xml   ... or if MG need to save it  auto  ..? its not save mymovies.xml in movie folder .  

3- MG will have to have a option to edit all the info feild's , and save to the mymovie.xml ...hope this plan for soon ...( for excample i got some web code with the descraption ,and no have option to delet it) if you try movie "Legion (2010)" you see what i meanss.  

*what abut  more info  like : director ,studio,writer,actors, ...?

*i know you say the eye candy will come last ,but right now  i canot reat all info from the media info section  the font to small and i use 22"screen on my pc.....( and yes i have my gluss on ... :) )   

thats for now ... i'm sure i will add more ....

thanks for your work and MG .

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I'll see if I get a chance to look as well, they only let me install Express at work (I have VS Pro at home). Since I work Saturday-Wednesday may be a bit before I can look at much right away.

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback yscp!

When you find bugs, can you please add them to the Issue Tracker with details on how to reproduce, it helps me with tracking down the cause and fixing it quickly!

Here some comments on your findings:

1. The IMDb Advanced Title Search was meant to find title matches only, so when you select a title and hit the Ok button it will change the title of your movie to the title IMDb. For example, if your title was "toy story 3" and you select the movie from the Advanced Title Search popup it will be changed to "Toy Story 3 (2010)". It sounds like your movie titles are already in the same format as they appear on IMDb, which is why you don't notice a change. However, I also just realized that it would make a lot of sense to not only keep the title, but to keep some of the other metadata from the Advanced Title Search as well, or to allow an option to query the full metadata on hitting the Ok button. I added Issue #322 to the Issue Tracker for this.

2. I am currently working on MyMovies.xml export, this will be in version 0.3.0. (Issue Tracker item #128).

3. I have been working on this as well, I haven't decided yet what the best way would be to edit all the metadata fields, maybe I will automatically change the fields into editable textboxes when you click on them or something like that. Added it to the Issue Tracker as item #321.

4. Added Issue #323 for retrieving more metadata from IMDb such as Actors, Director etc.

5. I am curious about your problem with the font size, since I did not pick any small font, I went with the default font sizes. Can you send a screenshot maybe? What native resolution are you using?

~ Sertelegger

Feb 5, 2011 at 4:58 AM

hi Sertelegger ! thank you for answers .... great to hear you add so many issue tracker ..for new add on ... :)  all of them seams corect ....

abut font size ,i use screen  22" flat , res' 1680 x 1050   wich mack the most font very small to read in Media Items Details View ... like 100 mints ,genre... description....  imdb rating :6/10 with vote....

what size font this items  8 ... ?

The Title (year) , MPAA logo , the star imge's and cover  view o.k .

thank's again .... can't wait to try  v 0.3 ...

* one more thing .... backdrop, backdrop1,bacdrop2........   from TMDB.......     :)

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Hi yscp,

I would still like to see a screenshot of your font size problem, I have tried it out at different resolutions and it always looks fine. My display is 1920x1200 and everything looks okay.

Backdrop support for TMDb is coming soon, be patient :-)

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM

hi Sertelegger !  i add screenshot..  if you look on runtime ...and genre and de descriptaion  ...rally to small fonts...

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Okay I can see it now. I think I'm just used to the small fonts :-)

Getting font sizes right is a bit tricky, I will have to see what the best way is to do it. If I just blow up the size now it will be too big for other people with lower resolution screens. I will keep thinking about that one!

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:08 AM

great.... :)