Boxset's Suport.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM

hi guys ,  just wont to add this before i forget ..... to add suport for Boxset's .

thank's,

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM

You mean movie box sets or tv show box sets? Can you give an example for a box set?

And what kind of support are you looking for? Since MediaGerbil uses IMDb and other metadata websites to get the data, unless there is an entry for a box set on that website I cannot match a box set as a whole. Are you talking about collapsing multiple movies that logically belong to one box set together?

I am currently working on how to best deal with the folder structure for TV shows, since I don't want every Season 1, Season 2 etc. folder to show up in the media list. Some of that work might be useful for handling sets of movies as well.

The more description you can give me the better I can understand what kind of feature you are looking for!

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM

hi Sertelegger !

abut box set  , i'm means like a grop  of movies (like  Rocky ,1,2,3,4,5 )  as you know media browser do have the option to keep all this movies as a grop (they call it boxset over the fourm) sorry if i confuse you....

they even have very nice icons for a grop of movies....

abut TV shows , i think i keep my as most people

D:Tv Shows\Chuck\Season 01\S01E01

\S01E02

\S01E03

\Season 02\S02E01

\S02E02

and so on ,

basically tv show main folder inside  folders for each season ,and in each season all the episod's , that's how most media center's app' ask to keep tv shows ...

if you look in the TVDB web you will see have info+poster+backdrops for main tv show and evrey season also have info+poster+backdrops ...... 

hope this help you ...alittle bit.... :)

thank you ...

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM

I'm still not sure what functionality you would like to see in MediaGerbil to handle Boxsets differently. The way Media Browser users typically set up boxsets is by using shortcuts to the original movies and then the boxset directory gets its own icon. In terms of metadata there isn't really any work here, do you want MediaGerbil to create the shortcuts for you?

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:27 AM

maybe i canot explain so good in english ( english is not my first lang') ....sory..

o.k i try again :

MG is a movie & TV manger  so it will keep all the collection,  so maybe we sude call the option Grop and not boxset, so if we have the collection for a movie grop like rocky,1,2,3,4,5 ,MG will show it as one + if

click + the list expand to all rest movie 1,2,3,4,5....

i was not talking in terms of metadata ,,,,,, all do if MG can mack the shortcuts that also will be great..

i hope i explain better .... :)

thank's 

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I understand what you mean with the grouping. I actually looked at an implementation someone did of a DataGridView control that also has TreeView properties so you can have groups and expand/collapse items etc. I don't think this will make it into MediaGerbil 0.3.0, but maybe for a later version. It will require some significant changes to get it to work the way I want it to.

The grouping would also be useful for TV Shows, so you can expand the seasons and episodes within a season. I will keep looking into this!