cover from TMDB - can you add poster size ?

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:06 AM

hi , i means in the pop up window with the poster's selection (with meny covers), if we can have also the size  of the poster before we select to downlad ... 

this will be great ..

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I was thinking about this, but why would you not want the highest resolution of the image for download? This is an easy change and I could add an option for it in the Preferences, but I wasn't sure if there is a use case for downloading smaller resolution posters or images...

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM

hi,

i'm not talking just for me , all my feedback i try to look as must user not just for me .... :)  (to mack MG the best ...)

some user's will wont small cover same will wont the bigest some will wont middle ... i think it will give all user the option to select the cover they like ...

and for backdrops for sure need the size show before we downlad ... thir is many defrent size ....

see my screenshot for backdrops selection.... first  we can see all evlble backdrops ,second we can pick the one's we like  if is the size or the niceet we like (also some movies have same backdrop 2~3 time)

so ,why not also for posters cover.. 

just an Idea , as i say i will like MG be the best movie menger it can be ......  :)

Thank's,

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Good suggestion, I added it as feature request #334! :-)

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:09 AM

great ,,,, :)

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Here a preview of what I implemented now: I improved the look of the selected image so it is easier to see which images is selected, and there is now a little drop-down under each image that by default shows the largest available resolution for that image, but if you click on it shows all available resolutions so you can pick the one you want. I will also add options to the Preferences to not pick the largest by default but one of the other sizes instead.

Is this what you had in mind? :-)

MediaGerbil 0.3.0 TMDb Cover Image Picker

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM

yes men look good,

great work ....  :)

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Alright it will be in MediaGerbil 0.3.0 :-)