Genre +

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I would like to congratulate you on MediaGerbil

Just landed on your page via CodePlex Projects Search using %XBMC!

Anyway,

Can we look @ cleaning up the Genre that we have as all scrappers end up stacking the genre per title Action|Animation|Science... which leads a single title to be displayed in every single genre.

Maybe a Single Pro-Dominant Genre per Title would be nice.

Maybe a LOG approach knowing where we are at rather than relying on the taskbar for some informations.

Last but not least a Good Rename Scheme on top.

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Hey LebToki,

thanks for checking out MediaGerbil, I appreciate any feedback!

Cleaning up the genre is a good idea but I am going off the IMDb metadata right now. There is no easy way to determine the "main" genre for a title, or the top three genres. I could just use the first two or three genres being listed and keep the others as sub-genres or something like that. Actually I just took a look at some IMDb movies, for example Star Wars lists on the top info box Action, Adventure, and Family as genres, but then in the bottom detailed section it lists Action, Adventure, Family, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi as genres. So they are doing exactly what I just suggested, keep the top three as the main genres and everything else for details. I can definitely use the same approach in MediaGerbil!

There is log functionality, it might just not be well documented: If you double-click on the status bar, the log window will open, which shows all errors and other information since starting MediaGerbil. The log window actually shows more than what is displayed in the status bar, as I use it for debugging purposes during development. Certain debug messages are not displayed in release versions of MediaGerbil of course.

What do you mean by rename scheme? Renaming the actual files/folders on disk? Or renaming titles before or after matching?

New release and features will be coming within the next couple of weeks, please keep the feedback coming!

May 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Edited May 19, 2011 at 9:18 PM

hi Sertelegger !

abut cleaning genre , i think  Leb Toki means is to have the option to delet genre  ( if we get 3~5  to keep only 1 and delet rest) as you know the genre filters in media centers aplications,

if you use the genre filter then a movie with let's say 3 defrent genre ,that movie will show 3 time in defrent genre view. so some user like to keep only one genre for each movie.

but all of this will be solve when you will add the " Edit feilds request " i post after v0.2.0 come out ( you add to issue traker olrady #321) , another rasion way is good to have "the edit fields request"

thanks.