This project is read-only.

abut version MediaGerbil-0.3.0rc1

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Hi Seetelegger ,

just try v0.3.0rc1 , but i dont see mach defrent from lasts beta versions ,

movies:

-problem with poster - first time enter MG the size look o.k then , any tach/click other movie from list ,the size change to big size ,and stay big size...

-year delet from title - the year not strip out from title .

-when geting poster from TMDB  MG freeze for like 10~15 seconds, if downlad with IMDb no freeze (no Freeze in  previous beta versions).

- i did not find wher can i downlad Backdrop .  

TV Series:

noting change from my last report, MG not look at the folders corect ... is not consider the main tv series folder ,season folder it just consider (tvseries name.file)

Note : Like i ask before , Maybe you can update the Documentation to how will be best to keep the TV Series  folder and file's , so cen test MG the way you ment for it to work ,  then can add more option for folders surtcus ... :)

Thanks for all the hard work , I  Appreciate your work very mach...  :)

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Hi yscp,

thanks for the feedback! Here some comments from me:

• Yes the RC1 doesn't LOOK much different from the Beta versions, but trust me, there were a lot of fixes inside that make MediaGerbil more stable, robust, and faster! There are some visual changes, too, for example the collapse/expand buttons for the filters and cover image, or the new preferences setting for ignored directories. Just look around and you will find the differences!
  • I am trying to reproduce your problem with the poster, can you describe exactly what you did? I am clicking around and can't seem to reproduce your problem.
  • Year deleted from title: Again, can you describe your problem to me please? The preferences option to strip year from title is only used for title matching purposes, it does not affect how the title is shown in the media list!
  • Maybe my internet connection is too fast, but TMDb poster downloads only take a second or so for me, so I don't see the freeze. I will put in some code to ensure that the user interface does not freeze up while downloading a poster or backdrop! I created defect #527 for this!
  • When you right-click on a movie in the list, the context menu has an option called "Download Backdrop to Folder". Right now there is no way to look at the downloaded backdrop in MediaGerbil after downloading it, but I'm working on that right now!
  • For TV Shows, I thought it would better now, but maybe your folder structure is still very different from how I do it usually. I have been working on updating the documentation and will be taking some screenshots soon when I know that the user interface of MediaGerbil is not changing anymore for 0.3.0.

Keep the feedback coming, it really helps me iron out all the remaining bugs!

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Sertelegger wrote:

Hi yscp,

thanks for the feedback! Here some comments from me:

• Yes the RC1 doesn't LOOK much different from the Beta versions, but trust me, there were a lot of fixes inside that make MediaGerbil more stable, robust, and faster! There are some visual changes, too, for example the collapse/expand buttons for the filters and cover image, or the new preferences setting for ignored directories. Just look around and you will find the differences!

* ho men, sorry ,what i ment  with not look much different , i did not ment the GUI ... sure i noteset all the changes in GUI and they look great , i ment with bug feedback :(.

• I am trying to reproduce your problem with the poster, can you describe exactly what you did? I am clicking around and can't seem to reproduce your problem.

* after add movie info , i test the 2 way to get poster 1 time imdb 1time tmdb save all, go out MG ,then open MG again first look poster size corect, soon as click on movie title, the size change to    big size as the all movie info section..... i will post screenshot....

• Year deleted from title: Again, can you describe your problem to me please? The preferences option to strip year from title is only used for title matching purposes, it does not affect how the title is shown in the media list!

* my bad...sorry (i must forget - i'm helping with a few more project .... :) ) 

• Maybe my internet connection is too fast, but TMDb poster downloads only take a second or so for me, so I don't see the freeze. I will put in some code to ensure that the user interface does not freeze up while downloading a poster or backdrop! I created defect #527 for this!   

* not internet connection ... i have 10MB  ,MG from first version was all time downlads evrting very very fast , with MGrc1 freeze when downlads poster only from tmdb ,from imdb less problem... well also some freeze if clicking on dropdown list from movie title ...some times . Well to be more corect the poster cover in the 2 web are mach slower then last beta ..

• When you right-click on a movie in the list, the context menu has an option called "Download Backdrop to Folder". Right now there is no way to look at the downloaded backdrop in MediaGerbil after downloading it, but I'm working on that right now!

* sorry no "Download Backdrop to folder" option view in the context menu ... i will add screenshot for that to ..

• For TV Shows, I thought it would better now, but maybe your folder structure is still very different from how I do it usually. I have been working on updating the documentation and will be taking some screenshots soon when I know that the user interface of MediaGerbil is not changing anymore for 0.3.0.  

* thats way i ask you to give me info on how you keep your series file & folder ... so atlist i can test that MG work like you intend it. (i'm testing on lap-top with only a few file's so is not my main collection...no problem for me to chang the test file's to mach your)  as i said first lets see tv work like you devlop it , then i will ask for adding more option of reading folders surtcuts...    

Keep the feedback coming, it really helps me iron out all the remaining bugs!

sure... :)

P.S- i will add screenshots in a defrent post....

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:02 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Hi, screenshots for uper post feedback:

1- MG-01 -poster size when first enter MG (corect size).

2-MG-02 -poster size if click or tach info up/doun (big size) then the big size stay to all movies. 

3-MG-03 - context menu -missing backdrop option.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/mg01.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/mg02.jpg/ 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/mg03i.jpg/

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Haha, I'm so sorry, I just realized that all the defects which you are describing are already fixed in RC2, and the context menu item also only exists in RC2! I did not realize that while I checked in all the code I have not actually released RC2 yet! :-)

I have made some more updates to how backdrop images are displayed, they have their own preview and download size preferences settings now, and I will check that code in later today and release RC2 so you can actually test it!

I am still looking into why the cover image download would suddenly be so much slower, I didn't really make any changes to that code since the Betas, and for me it works fine and very fast. If you have any way of helping me reproduce the problem, please let me know!

Oct 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Sertelegger wrote:

Haha, I'm so sorry, I just realized that all the defects which you are describing are already fixed in RC2, and the context menu item also only exists in RC2! I did not realize that while I checked in all the code I have not actually released RC2 yet! :-)

I have made some more updates to how backdrop images are displayed, they have their own preview and download size preferences settings now, and I will check that code in later today and release RC2 so you can actually test it!

I am still looking into why the cover image download would suddenly be so much slower, I didn't really make any changes to that code since the Betas, and for me it works fine and very fast. If you have any way of helping me reproduce the problem, please let me know!

Hey , o.k now it's mack seance.... :)    (in my ditle discussions i wrot :   MediaGerbil-0.3.0rc1 ... :) )

i check the log for fixing of version rc2 .... look great... :)

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Ok I just released RC2, please go ahead and try it out, let me know of any critical issues you find and I will fix them before releasing 0.3.0 FINAL!

I'm really trying hard to get MediaGerbil 0.3.0 finished because I have big plans for 0.4.0 which include some major UI changes and internal changes, so I could not start them before being done with 0.3.0 first.

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Hi, test RC2 ... many things have fixed,good job... :) (abut movie section)

BY the way are you scraping backdrops or use ther API  ?

1- the image download little better ,but still not even close to v0.2~0.3 Betas (i'm talking abut poster cover , i use same computer,same internet 10MB, it use to be for me downlad instent 1 sec',with RC1 10~15 sec', with RC2 4~7 sec', if you search titlefrom IMDb Advanced title search, you get the small poster in less then a sec' ,Thats fast i use to get the big size poster before... :) ,BY THE WAY I WAS NOT TALKING ONLY IMAGES , ALSO MOVIE INFO TACK LONGER TIME , but any way is good enough for now ... :)

2-the bug with poster keep aspact size was FIXED , and i can even view the backdrops  by clicking 2 time on the image view the next one ,2 click next..... that good.

3- ther is no option to delete the backdrops , same ad cover poster ?

4- you know i keep my movie title clean , so i rally no have problem with that in MG  ,

ABUT TV , sorry no work well for me ....  but i'm sure when you add TheTVDB web will be better , imdb are not the best web for TV Series, ( i'm adding scrrenshot of how many users keep there folder ... maybe this will help...) 

I read you have big plans for version 4 ,sound cool... ,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us